Part-time Accountant or Bookkeeper
*Note: We will ask you to organise reference calls with previous colleagues and managers.
Key Job Facts:
- Part time – approx 8 hours per week.
- Flexible hours – you choose which office hours you work
- All aspects of a busy accounts job – from credit control, payroll to final accounts (if you’re able to).
- Work from home or alter your hours (from time to time).
- Using Xero.
Expert Labels Ltd is located in the Moreton Hall area of Bury St Edmunds. For more than 20 years we’ve been supplying clients with labels and label related technology across the UK. We’ve built a loyal customer base and receive excellent feedback on our customer service. We currently have six full and part-time employees. You’ll be an important and valued member of the team.
The team at Expert Labels are proud to work in a warm, friendly and flexible office. We are a positive team who support one another to get the job done. We work on a professional yet relaxed basis.
The vacancy is for a book keeper or accountant to be responsible for the operation of our company financial systems, established on Xero. Our current book keeper will help with hand-over, to bring you up to speed.
Essential skills needed:
- Good with numbers, financial data and sound understanding of business accounts management, in particular experience in the principles and practice of book-keeping;
- Relevant qualifications such as ACMA, ACCA, or ACA preferred, though not essential;
- Experienced in the use of accountancy software, with Xero an advantage;
- Good organizational skills, efficient, methodical approach with attention to detail and accuracy;
- Competence in the use of office software, eg. googlesheets and docs, MS Office 2010 (Excel, Word);
- Reliable, honest, self-motivated and enthusiastic, with an ability to work independently;
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work as a member of a small team & communicate fluently in English.
- Adaptability, enthusiasm to learn and undertake new tasks as needed;
This is the ideal job for someone who’s worked in admin or finance to step up their responsibilities and enjoy seeing the job through from start to finish. You’ll be responsible for the operation of all the company financial systems from preparing monthly and final accounts, payroll, VAT, cash-flow, purchase ledger, credit control and petty cash. This diverse and interesting role is offered as a 12 month contract, although is expected to be extended on a permanent basis. Hours are flexible within the working week (Mon-Fri, 09:00 – 17:00). During school holidays you will be able to work from home if you need to.
You’ll have had financial experience. Your former teachers, colleagues and managers consider you to be an excellent employee and you’re intelligent and resourceful.
You are probably going to live within about 30 minutes of Bury St Edmunds and you might have another part time job.
How to Apply
To apply for this job, please click here to apply through Indeed.com. You’ll need to send your CV, along with a covering letter addressed by name to me . In your covering letter you’ll explain why you want this job (it is part time after all) and what values are important to you as a person.
You’ll then be asked to complete an online application form.
Part of our recruitment process involves you organising reference calls with previous managers and colleagues. In the event you’re a recent graduate then with managers from part time jobs you’ve had, lecturers or teachers.
Pay & benefits are offered in accordance with qualifications and experience.
The closing date for applications is 31 May 2017.
Good luck and we look forward to working with you.
Expert Labels Limited
Please note, we don’t work with recruitment agencies.