We are all trying to become more environmentally aware and Expert Labels can help. We are currently supplying more biodegradable labels than ever before. The market for these has really taken off!
Important though they are to our environment, biodegradable labels are still more expensive than paper or standard plastic labels. Let me give you a rough idea of cost – for any quantity up to 1,000 labels:
|Matte biodegradable paper||£200|
|Gloss biodegradable paper||£225-£250|
|Gloss biodegradable plastic||£250 – £275|
|Clear biodegradable plastic||£300|
For more than 1,000 labels, the cost per thousand labels goes down. If you think this meets your budget, request a sample or a more detailed quote and we can help.
Our biodegradable labels work as well as traditional labels, with the added benefit of them being completely biodegradable!
We can supply the following: –
- Biodegradable semi gloss paper labels (FSC certified by the Forest Stewardship Council) are suitable for a wide range of promotional and industrial label uses and we can offer these plain or full colour printed. This material is printable by most printing methods including thermal transfer.
- Biodegradable (FSC certified) matt white thermal transfer printable labels are ideal for situations where label presentation is less important (i.e. warehouse labels, outer case labels and labels for in-house identification). This material is printable by most printing methods including thermal transfer.
- Biodegradable and compostable white high gloss film labels are available, with a print receptive top coating. These labels are great for food items including fruit and vegetables, drink bottles and healthcare products and can be printed in full colour to a high standard. All the labels are compliant with the European Food Regulations for direct contact with dry, non fatty food items. The adhesive used is acrylic based and biodegradable. The labels are water and tear resistant.
- Biodegradable and compostable clear gloss film labels are available, with a print receptive top coating. These labels are also especially good for food items and healthcare products and can be printed in full colour for a high quality presentation. All the labels are compliant with the European Food Regulations for direct contact with dry, non fatty food items. The adhesive used is, again, acrylic based and biodegradable it sticks well initially and maintains it’s adhesion. Water and tear resistant.
- Biodegradable loop lock labels and tags – made to degrade in contact with light and oxygen but tough and durable – tear resistant. Can be made to your exact specifications. These tags are designed to degrade within 18 months.
For more information on any of our products or to place your order please click the chat button in the bottom right or contact a member of our team today.
Read our news article about Recycling labels
Take a look at our Sustainable labels
Updated: 2 Dec 2019